Applied Research and Basic Research in your readings this week, you have learned about the nature of applied research and its focus on problem solving. You have also learned about the ways in which applied research differs from traditional research (also referred to as “basic” or “pure” research).
Your writing assignment this week is to write a 3-4 page paper in which you distinguish these differences. Your paper must contain the following:
• An explanation of the major characteristics of applied research
• An analysis of how those major characteristics differ from those of traditional research
• A discussion of any similarities or connections between the types of research
• A consideration of specific research topics from this unit’s readings and activities and whether those topics would qualify as applied research or traditional research topics
As you compose your paper, make note of some of the important considerations from your readings that go into an applied research project. These include devising a sound methodology, conducting evaluation research, working with accurate population samples, and uncovering causal processes. In addition to this week’s readings, you may also use and cite any other relevant, scholarly readings for your assignment.
You should also make sure to:
• Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
• Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English
• Use research and examples from sources to support your discussion
• Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format
Your paper should be 3-4 pages in length, and should cover all of the points detailed above.
Finally, please label your project: username-project-unit#.doc. For example, a student named Tina Allen would name her file TAllen-Procss-Unit1.doc. Submit your assignment by selecting the Unit 1: Assignment in the Dropbox by the end of Unit 1.Read More